With an unpredictable housing market,and the supply of homes outweighing the demand, selling a home has become more of a challenge than ever. Don’t be discouraged though, there are several steps you can take to make your home stand out from the others and increase your chances of selling. Here are some general and area-specific tips to help you sell your home in Mentor, Ohio.
- Hire a real estate agent familiar with the Mentor, Ohio housing market
- Make sure that your home is advertised on popular real estate listing sites such as Trulia, Zillow, and Realbird, as well as in the local newspapers
- Take a picture of every room in the home so that you have tons of options to choose from when you’re picking pictures to highlight your home’s beauty in listings.
- Pictures should focus on the best aspect of a room, such as a master bath, fireplace, skylight, etc.
- Include pictures of the exterior of your home in listings
- You should have a “For Sale” sign in your yard that includes contact information for your real estate agent
- Your home and yard should be clean, uncluttered, and bright, both in photos and during showings
- Have your agent create a fact sheet/ takeaway brochure for buyers that includes pictures of your home, the number of bedrooms, the number of bathrooms, lot size, square footage, flooring type, and other important details about your home
- Host an open house to give interested buyers a chance to find out more about your property and talk with you personally; use this time to really sell the area, and not just your property:
** Highlight the fact that “Mentor Ohio was named one of the 100 Best Places to Live by Money Magazine in 2006 and 2010, and that the city was named one of the Best Places to Retire in Ohio in 2012”; direct potential buyers to this site for more information
Also, be sure to information about upcoming events and popular activities in the area, which can be found here: City of Mentor