There is a big difference between selling your home on your own, and hiring a realtor to do it for you. Without a realtor, marketing, listing, pricing, showing, and so much else falls to you, as the seller, and it’s a lot of work. To help get you through the process, here are 9 tips for FSBO sellers.
- Set a budget for marketing that includes costs of photography, home repairs, and staging
- Work on your home’s appearance. Do some landscaping, de-clutter the house and yard, repaint if you have to, and clean, clean, clean.
- Get up to speed on all of the rules, regulations, and paperwork that you have to understand and sign to sell your home.
- Know when to ask for help. If you are facing foreclosure, you need to sell your home quickly, and the best way to do that is to hire a realtor.
- Check out the Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) reports to see what your home is actually worth.
- Be prepared to make changes, updates, and upgrades to please your buyers.
- Know what is a reasonable request (fix the leaky faucet) and what is an unreasonable request (add an in-ground pool) and have a plan ahead of time for how to deal with these requests.
- Without a realtor telling people, no, you can’t see the house Sunday at 9pm, you’re going to have to deal with people coming to see your house at all hours of any given day. You can always say no, but you should be prepared to deal with buyers wanting last-minute showings.
- People are rude. No doubt you’ll show your home and find trash in your yard or shoved in a plant. They’ll probably track dirt and mud into the living room where you just steam cleaned the carpet too. That’s just the way it is, but you need to know how to deal with it before it happens
To see the original article, click here.