When you begin your search for a new home, it is important to evaluate the surrounding areas, i.e. the neighborhoods, and not just the house itself. Everyone has different needs, but there are some important factors that everyone should take into account. Make sure you look at:
- Traffic patterns and frequency
- Average property values
- Quality of schools in the area
- Crime rate Current or future construction plans
- Proximity to schools, work, hospitals, shops, public transportation, prisons, freeways, airports, beaches, parks, stadiums, and cultural activities such as museums, concerts and theaters.
Neighborhood search strategies
Especially for first time homebuyers, it is a good idea to try to find a home that meets your primary needs, in the best neighborhood, but also within your price range. Here are a few ways to ensure that you are picking a good location and staying within your price range.
• Look for up and coming communities that are likely to become “hot neighborhoods“. They are often on the borders of big cities, so look for a home in a good neighborhood that is a bit farther outside of the city.
• Look to see if it is a “high demand” area by asking real estate agent if buyers are receiving multiple offers on their homes. You can also drive around neighborhoods and see how many “sale pending” and “sold” signs there are in a particular area.
• You can click here to start your housing search today!