It isn’t easy to sell a home, and most people can’t do it on their own; that’s why you should hire a real estate agent. Your real estate agent should help you list, show, prepare, and sell your home. This can be a lengthy and stressful process without the right Realtor, so here are 8 very important questions to ask your potential real estate agent. These questions, and your choice based on the answers, will ensure that you’ll be comfortable with who you will be working with.
- What is your company’s track record and reputation in the market place? It may seem like everywhere you look, real estate agents are boasting about being number one. It is important to know their individual performance and see it in writing.
- What are your marketing plans for my home? How much money do you have to advertise my home and where will it be listed? Online? Print? Do you manage the advertising yourself?
- What has your company sold in my area? Agents should bring you a complete listing of their sales and other comparable sales in your area, to give you an idea of what you should be expecting for the sale of your home.
- On average, when your listings sell, how close is the selling price to the asking price?
- On average, how long does it take your listings to sell?
- How many buyers are you currently working with? If the agent is working with a lot of buyers, the odds of selling your home quickly are high.
- Do you have a reference list of clients I could contact?
- What happens if I’m not happy with the job you are doing to get my home sold?
Record the answers of each agent you talk to and then evaluate them. Pick the agent that you think will be able to work best with, and for, you and your needs.